The IRS has begun a review of the ITIN application process. During this review the Service will not accept notarized documents or those documents certified by an acceptance agent.  Either original documents must be sent directly to the ITIN Unit or provide them a certified copy of the original document by issuing agency.  We understand that this is a tremendous burden on the clients which will effectively prevent many of them from applying for an ITIN.

Sikka & Associates can assist individuals and other foreign persons who do not qualify for a Social Security Number but who still need a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) to process a Form 1040 and other tax schedules.

At Sikka & Associates, we facilitate the application process by reviewing the necessary documents and forwarding the completed forms to IRS and help our clients in obtaining an ITIN.


If you are an immigrant in the United States and don’t have, or qualify for a Social Security Number, you may apply for an ITIN Number in order to:

  • File an Income Tax Return
  • Get ITIN for Dependents
  • Own a Business
  • Establish Credit
  • Open a Bank Account
  • Own Real Estate

Why do you need an ITIN NUMBER?

  • It serves as your identification number for filing your federal taxes.
  • It allows you to get a refund from your income withheld by the IRS, if you qualify.
  • It allows you to file your taxes and claim dependents and benefit from child tax credits.

Why Apply for ITIN Number with Us?

  • Keep Your Original Documents
  • Get Your ITIN Number Fast
  • We Fill Out All the Application Forms for You
  • Apply for ITIN Number and File Your Income Tax Return All In One Place
  • Get Your ITIN and Incorporate Your Business All In One Place

Who needs an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)?

  • Anyone who earns money in the United States and must pay taxes, but does not have a Social Security Number or does not qualify for one.
  • Dependents of the person filing a tax return with an ITIN Number in order to be able to claim the dependents on their income tax return and be eligible for tax credits.
  • Get ITIN number for H4
  • Get ITIN number for L2
  • If you do not live in the U.S. but want to own a business in the U. S.
  • If you do not live in the U.S but want to own real estate property in the U.S.

What do you need to apply for an ITIN?

We fill IRS Form W-7 and a file an income tax return for you to apply for an ITIN.

We will need a valid passport to prepare your W-7 form

Contact Us Today and start enjoying the benefits of having your Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)


U. S. Treasury Circular 230 Notice: Any tax advice contained in this website was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of: (a) avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the IRS Code or by any other applicable tax authority; or (b) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matter addressed herein. We provide this disclosure to assure compliance with new standards of professional practice, pursuant to which certain tax advice must satisfy requirements as to form and substance.

Website designed by jerseyitech